Children take great pleasure in learning through play in a safe and fun learning environment. We are committed to delivering high quality education and care, as shown through our Excellence Award in National Quality Standards presented to us in 2013.
At Swallowcliffe PreSchool we strive to provide a great start for all children’s education through concrete, active learning experiences, which are directed by the children’s interests in conjunction with building strong partnerships with the community.
Our Curriculum is based on The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Literacy and Numeracy Indicators.
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Children are confident and involved learners.
- Children are effective communicators
We believe children learn best
- When learning through their interests.
- When their culture is supported through interacting with other community members, families and children.
- When they have time to be active, citizens and curriculum decision makers.
Swallowcliffe Preschool works to increase community capacity to support our families to provide the best opportunity for every child. Services we provide are:
- CAFHS visits
- DfE Psychology Services
- DfE Speech Services
- Playgroup is offered on Tuesdays. An educator supports this program, which offers a range of activities to support children’s social skills, routines and learning through play experiences. (ring school front office for confirmation of term start dates)
- School Pastoral Care Worker
- Extensive transition opportunities with Swallowcliffe P-7 School
- Community Events e.g. Twilight Sessions
Children have access to a large open indoor and outdoor space, incorporating a range of age appropriate educational programs that maximise each child’s learning potential.
The Preschool is located on the same campus as the school and there are many opportunities and experiences to continue the learning from Preschool, through to the Early Years of School.
Our Preschool program is delivered by qualified educators.
Preschool Session Times
Group 1 – Monday, Wednesday and Alternate Friday
Group 2 – Tuesday, Thursday and Alternate Friday
Sessions run from 9.10am to 3.10pm. (Our doors open at 9am).
Fees – We are a no fee service. Donations are welcome.
Attendance – is vital for children’s education and growth. We ask that families keep us informed regarding absences. Non-attendance after 3 weeks will result in cancellation of sessions.
What to bring
- A broadbrim hat
- A labelled bottle with water
- A piece of fruit to share
- A healthy lunch
- A spare change of clothes
Communication with families is vital to support your child’s education and build relationships between educators, families and children.
At Swallowcliffe Preschool we;
- Have name pockets for written communication
- Are open for conversations at the end of each session (beginning sessions are usually very busy)
- Have interviews
- Can make an appointments for longer conversations
- Have our programs displayed
- Ask families to be involved in Twilight nights.
- Provide families with a Statement of Learning.
- Share learning experiences through Children’s learning journal.